Tracking legislation can be as simple as one click on your computer mouse or making one telephone call. There are several resources available to follow bills through the legislative process. To make legislative inquiries, please visit the links or call the telephone numbers listed below. You may also click here.
- This website is the most comprehensive site for congressional information. It contains the full text of bills, bill summary and status, hearing testimony, recorded notes, committee reports, and other useful information about a particular piece of legislation.
- The “Legislation & Records” link provides information about bills and resolutions being considered in the Senate. The site allows viewers to track bills and see how individual members voted on a particular bill. The site also provides a schedule for upcoming legislative activity.
- The “Legislative Action” section provides information about bills and resolutions being considered in the House. The site allows viewers to track bills and see how individual members voted on a particular bill. The site also provides a schedule for upcoming legislative activity.
Congressional Record: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/index.html
- The Congressional Record is the official record of the proceedings and debates of Congress. It is published daily when Congress is in session. It provides daily summaries of action in each chamber, committee hearings, bills introduced, bills signed, and a schedule of committee meetings for the following day.
- At this site in “Today’s Congress” you will find pertinent information on any action items that will happen in Congress on that date.
- This resource is valuable when attempting to locate information about a particular Member of Congress
Both the Democratic and Republican Party provides recorded messages about the floor proceedings in both the House and Senate.
- Senate Democratic (202) 224-8541 and Senate Republican (202) 224-8601
- House Democratic (202) 225-7400 and House Republican (202) 225-7430
- The Office of Legislative Information on Capital Hill responds to telephone inquiries regarding current legislation. A staff member can give you information such as the status of certain legislation, bills introduced by a specific Member of Congress, or bills introduced on a given subject — (202) 225-7400.
For more information on legislation, contact the Public Policy office at (202) 745-1211 or email@example.com.